Monday 14 May 2012

Scanning old documents and photos

My great, great uncle Ted
My uncle Andrew
A very important part of researching the family tree is finding old photos, documents and birth, death, marriage certificates our relatives have tucked away for safe keeping.


I am fortunate enough to have many of these documents, that I have been passed down from other family members and then other birth, marriage and death certificates which I have purchased to aid my research.


Today, I have managed to scan a huge proportion onto my computer and linked them with the family tree. It has taken a full afternoon to do about two thirds of all the documents I have but its been worth it.


Now, I have all those documents at my fingertips digitally I can store the old documents away safely, so as not to damage them. In doing this I can start adding more to my family stories on the other pages of this blog.

My dad and uncle Andrew





A school class photo, my great grandfather is on the left of the front row


My great great grandmother with her 2 sons 
My great grandfather's certificate of demobilisation after  WW1
My great grandfather

Copyright © 2012 Ruth Hogan

3 comments:

  1. Those are some fine histories. What can anyone have ever done without the technology to not just encode their existence, but to bring their existence across in ways that can be kept tabs on and arranged, right? Good thing that technology has opened up a way for us to store them.

    Roberta Scott @ Spectrum Information

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using for many years a professional document scanning Yorkshire service. They have been always proven results in the biggest of tasks for my law firm, unbelievable service I highly recommend anyone to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is truely important to privy to fundamental processional techniques related to wring. here i am going to noted about paper wring talent as a part of writing interest. This weblog moreover helped me to get some new techniques.
    เครื่องสแกนเอกสาร

    ReplyDelete