Wednesday 7 August 2013

WDYTYA? Review - Series 10 - Minnie Driver

Another fab episode on the latest series of Who Do You Think You Are?

I was amazed how little she knew about her father and his family, but then when I think there is little I know about my grandparents and their roles in the World Wars. Minnie has a lovely story to tell her son and future grandchildren about the brave role her father played in the war whilst serving in the RAF. Imagine having to deal with being a hero and seeing your best friend as a corpse all at the youthful age of 18 years old, it is understandable that he required psychiatric treatment, but yet he seems to have come through to live a happy life.

It was beautiful how she was able to meet and talk to some of her cousins on her dad's side and that they could fill in some gaps which she had in her memories and knowledge about her father's family. The episode showed how it is possible to trace down your living distant cousins using Electoral Rolls and Birth, Marriage & Death certificates.

Until next Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. I have really enjoyed this series and I loved this episode too :)
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete