Monday 16 December 2013

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - Day 16 - Christmas Travel

This series of blog posts has been inspired by Geneabloggers Advent Calendar to share memories for others in the future.

The song "Driving Home For Christmas" by Chris Rae always reminds me of Christmas travel to see family.

As children, we always had Christmas at our house or at my maternal grandparents house. I remember if my grandparents came to stay with us my grandmother would always worry about it snowing and that she would not be able to travel home again. The journey to my maternal grandparents was only an hour drive so not far away and I have very few recollections of the actual journeys.

I remember coming home from university at Christmas, that was always fun. We would save decorating the tree until we were all home for Christmas. Since, I have moved away from the childhood home I have still rarely travelled far for Christmas but we often visit my parents-in-law during the festive season and the journey there is always fun, an adventure...and for my husband a chance to DRIVE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment