Tuesday 17 December 2013

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - Day 17 - Christmas Stories

This series of blog posts has been inspired by Geneabloggers Advent Calendar to share memories for others in the future.


Every year I read the story of Jesus's birth in the Bible from the Gospels and also what was prophesised about Jesus's birth in Isaiah. As a Christian, I feel it's important to remind myself of this story each year and spend some time reflecting on the true meaning of Christmas around the hussle and bussle of buying presents, and creating the perfect meal.

I rarely read many books so I guess I don't have any favourite stories, but I remember as a child the story of "Papa Panov" the shoemaker by Leo Tolstoy was always around at Christmas. I have never read any of the classics such as A Christmas Carol although I know the stories from films and theatre productions.

No comments:

Post a Comment