Wednesday 18 December 2013

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - Day 18 - Christmas Baking

This series of blog posts has been inspired by Geneabloggers Advent Calendar to share memories for others in the future.


Now, Christmas baking is always really important to me. I love baking and cooking and would eat Christmas treats all year round if I could as I love the winter spices, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves etc. Although I am yet to make a real fruit Christmas cake, but one year I will be organised enough to give it a go.

In the future, I would like to attempt making my own Mince Meat for Mince Pies and Cranberry Sauce, or interesting cranberry cakes, as well as a traditional Christmas cake.

Spiced Bramley Apple Cupcakes
Each year we try to make some creatives presents for people which often involve edibles and Christmas baking. I cannot tell you what we have made yet this year for it will spoil some people's presents, but watch out for some post-Christmas blog posts about Christmas present treats which I've made.

Last year we made and packaged lots of homemade cookies with Smarties in them to give as presents.

I will be sharing the recipes after Christmas on my other blog These Are A Few Of My Favourite Things, so watch this space!

About a month ago I did make some delicious Spiced Bramley Apple Cupcakes which were a delicious winter treat . . . for the recipe see Foody Friday - Spiced Bramley Apple Cupcakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment