Friday 20 December 2013

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - Day 20 - Christmas Parties

This series of blog posts has been inspired by Geneabloggers Advent Calendar to share memories for others in the future.


I usually love a good party.

My husband and I at my RED party
As a child there would always be the Church Christmas party with the same old traditional games each year, including a visit from Santa with presents for the children given under the Christmas tree. I remember as a small child my dad's parents would often put on a New Year's Day gathering (not a full party as such though) with their family and close friends.

In the past when nothing much has been happening at New Year I have thrown a small New Year's Eve party at my home, but sometimes that can be hard work, so we try and find something to do out and about instead.

I once held a Christmas house-warming party in early December with a red theme, to match the colour of my new living room but also as my initials used to be RED before I married. I remember that being a lot of fun.

I always love a good work Christmas party as well and try and go to one if I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment