Monday 23 December 2013

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - Day 23 - Meaning of Christmas

This series of blog posts has been inspired by Geneabloggers Advent Calendar to share memories for others in the future.


Christmas means so much to me in so many ways. 

Firstly, Christmas is very important to me from a spiritual perspective. I am a Christian who believes that Christmas is a time to reflect on the birth of Jesus, a very special baby who was born in a stable to perform miracles and teach about God's character before eventually dying on the cross so that I am forgiven and free. It is a time to remember love, peace and joy and to reflect on what this means in my life at present.

I also love Christmas due to the coming of the New Year, so it is a great time when there is time and space away from the usual weekly routine to reflect on where I'm going in life and over what has happened during the last year.

It is a great opportunity to spend time with family as most people all have holiday at the same time. I love my family and do not have enough opportunities to catch up with them.

I love the giving of gifts, by being able to show my gratitude to friends, family and colleagues for all they do for throughout my life. Giving should not be about expectant receiving back, but about showing someone how much you truly appreciate them, whether thats by giving time or money or your skills, it doesn't matter, but I believe we have grown a little too materialistic about Christmas. If I have enough time, I love to make presents for people and love the opportunity to be creative.

I also love receiving gifts and am blessed in abundance each year, by my friends and family.

I love the feeling of warmth that Christmas brings, where it is cold outside and being able to snuggle up and play games or watch films in doors with the family sitting around a snug fire, I love the way in which Christmas brightens up the darkest days of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment