Friday 6 December 2013

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - Day 6 - Santa Claus



This series of blog posts has been inspired by Geneabloggers Advent Calendar to share memories for others in the future.

Santa Claus
(Photo Link - Wikipedia, Jonathan G Meath, 13 Nov 2010)


St Nicholas day today, but I was never encouraged to believe in Santa Claus as a child, so always remember knowing he was someone 'normal' dressed up.


My only real memory of visiting Santa was at the Christmas fair at the school where my father taught when I was getting quite a big child, probably nearing 10 years old, so I definitely knew he wasn't real but when he asked me what I wanted for Christmas, my mind went blank and I could not think of anything to ask him for. It was quite embarrassing and as quite a shy child anyways I just wanted to get out of that grotto as fast as I could. Santa did give me a present though and when I unwrapped it on Christmas day it was a Mr Blobby cuddly toy. I loved Mr Blobby for many years and he is still in my bedroom at my parents house even now.


No comments:

Post a Comment