Monday 9 December 2013

Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories - Day 9 - Christmas Crafts

This series of blog posts has been inspired by Geneabloggers Advent Calendar to share memories for others in the future.


My sister-in-laws handmade Christmas cards 2013
Maria's Blog


I love the idea of making a present for someone and my sister-in-law is definitely the Queen of Crafts (see her blog at MariaInTheWood), but I struggle to find enough time to sit and make things. I love the idea of it though and do like to wander through a few craft fairs to get ideas or to buy some nice handmade products.

We have tried to make some crafty presents this year as we're a bit shorter on cash than we have been previously, so it seems a nice way to save a few pennies. I cannot tell you what we have made yet as I'll be telling all my lovely friends and family what they might be receiving for Christmas.

As children, I remember making Christmas cards, cookies, decorations (which my parents still have!) and small presents, especially at primary school it was always encouraged to make something to take home and give to your parents for Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment