Tuesday 31 December 2013

The Book of Me, Written by You - Week 17 - Toys & Games


Each week there are prompts which require answering.





Week 17 - Toys & Games


I still have a teddy bear which I received on my first birthday that I fondly loved for many a year, but I cannot remember my FIRST toy or game. I have recently moved the rest of my belongings from my parents old house including a bag of my dolls and bears, which I need to decide what to do with.

I remember having lots of toys as a child and here are some of them:
  • A plastic toy garage
  • Play mats of towns and cities to use toy cars on
  • Lego
  • Craft sets to make candles and knit things etc
  • Lots of teddies and dolls, but some favourites were Sophie & Herbert

Growing up we used to play lots of board games especially on wet days, when we couldn't play outside. Our favourite board game was Monopoly which we played to death, now this is a board game we rarely touch (probably because it was overplayed when I was a child).

My husband and I found love over playing the board game Settlers of Catan and since then have bought many more expansions and other games which we love to play with friends of ours. For Christmas this year we received a new expansion for Settlers of Catan which will re-kindle our love of the game for another year at least.

I have a cuddly toy owl which my great aunt once gave me, she is no longer with us so it is a good memory of her,  but other than that I can't think of any other old toys I have of either my parents or grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment