Tuesday 21 January 2014

The Book of Me, Written by You - Week 20 - The Feeling of Home



Each week there are prompts which require answering.






Week 20 - The Feeling of Home

The feeling of HOME can be explained in a number of ways in my life.

Home is:
  • a place in which I can feel totally relaxed
  • where there is real love with good friends or family - HOME IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
  • a place where I have history
  • where I physically live

I remember that phase of life when I was a student and lived away from home for most of the year but yet home was definitely where I came to at Christmas and during the holidays, yet when I bought my own place after university that shifted and I struggled to distinguish where HOME was. It was still going home when I went to visit my parents and there was a sense of homecoming yet I was at home in my own house which I had created into being my own space.

I also get a sense of homecoming when I am visiting a place where my ancestors lived, walked and called HOME, whether that's visiting their graves or walking streets on which they walked or lived or worked. It is a real sense of connection with your ancestors and being able to soak up the atmosphere of those places, imagining what they looked like when your ancestors were alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment