Friday 7 February 2014

Ancestry.co.uk West Yorkshire Tax Valuation 1910

On Facebook this afternoon I noticed Ancestry.co.uk advertising that they had put online the West Yorkshire Tax Valuation records to search...

Facebook - Ancestry.co.uk (accessed 7/2/14)

...as many of my ancestors lived in West Yorkshire in 1910, I decided to test the new record set and searched for my great, great grandfather - Frederick Slater Poole born in Bradford, West Yorkshire in 1860 but living in Horsforth nr Leeds, West Yorkshire in 1911.

I found him at 2 Rose Avenue, Horsforth nr Leeds, West Yorkshire...

West Yorkshire Tax Valuation - Ancestry.co.uk (accessed 7/2/14)

...interesting to know who owned his house and where he was living in 1910 but unsure what else these records might be able to tell me.


No comments:

Post a Comment