Tuesday 25 February 2014

The Book of Me, Written by You - Week 25 - Love



Each week there are prompts which require answering.






Week 25 - Love


What does love mean to me? Well, this is quite a deep question which involves quite a bit of thought and processing...

Firstly, I would like to share that my love language is serving. I love being a servant and serving others.

Cutting the cake at our wedding
I love my husband... he is my best friend, the man who has chosen to spend the rest of his life with me. We're still working out what this looks like together as the years pass and I must say that every year I seem to love him more. He is the person who I can talk to about absolutely anything, he listens, offers his advise and expertise and just accepts me as I am. I have shared many adventures and dreams with him and we have many memories. He has stuck by me through thick and thin and I know I can rely on him for anything. I love being able to serve him by cooking, cleaning and generally looking after him. I am proud to be able to say he is my husband.

I love my parents, brother and extended family... they have also been with me through the thick and thin of life. They are part of who I am and probably know me better than I like to think they do. They have sacrificed so much to care for me as a young child and have encouraged me to reach my full potential in life. I will aim to put them before anything else in my life and also love to help them as best I can with giving and sharing my skills and gifts to bless them. I want to walk through life with them close by my side and share life with them.

I love my extended family and in-laws... I know that they're always there should I need them. I am very grateful to all my in-laws who have accepted me into their family as one of their own. They inspire me and I love to know that they are happy and enjoying life. I want to help if they are going through hardships. 

I love my job... yes, I have just said that!! I work as an Optometrist in a local hospital. I love being able to help people and care for people. I love the interaction I have with people, the other members of staff and patients. I love the work and the fact that I am challenged and pushed to learn more and better myself. I must admit I am not always enthralled to be there for 37.5 hours each week, but is any job perfect?!

A Love for the Arts by Delacorr
(Image link: www.wikipedia.org, Author:
Infamous Hussy,  14 Sept 2006, accessed 22 Feb 2014
)
I love my community and church family... it a blessing to live in such a close knit community, knowing their are people from all walks of life, working together to bring the community together with all of our own skills and giftings. 

I love genealogy... I love discovering new things about my ancestors as it seems to aid me in the discovery of who I am.

I love music... it inspires me and allows me to be creative.

I love travelling... I love seeing the world and learning about people from different cultures and climates. I love the differences in the beauty of creation across the world.


LOVE is... a passion, a sacrifice, living a dream, an adventure and a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment