Tuesday 15 April 2014

The Book of Me, Written by You - Week 32 - How do you de-stress?



Each week there are prompts which require answering.






Week 32 - How do you de-stress?


Ok, so I am quite a stressy person, especially over recent months but I really struggle to find the time to sit, relax, rest and de-stress.

I have been thinking a lot about what strategies I can put into place to make me a less stressy person...
  • Fresh country air is always a good one with some exercise as well - I work in a dark room all day so finding the times to get out to the countryside and enjoy a dose of sun is always good for the soul
  • Music and especially playing music is a great way to relax and de-stress
  • Generally getting away from my computer for a period of time is a good one, but I do need total peace and quiet to be able to sit down to read a book and if there's someone else in the room I find this very hard but yet it is relaxing.
  • My introverted spirit needs some just "ME" time, time away from people including my husband is needed every now and again to allow me time and space to process the big questions and chill.
  • Previously researching my family history was always a great way to chill, but recently I have not found it helpful to use it as a de-stress and have taken a bit of a break....although I do want to get back to researching soon!!!

My stress can be caused by many things...
  • Breaking of routines, for example, when the car breaks down, floods in the kitchen...
  • Disorganisation - if I feel disorganised even if I'm not it makes me stress...
  • Busy-ness (although I also love busy-ness so this is a balance I need to get right!)
  • My work can be stressful at times, I work in a hospital as an Optician, so overbooked clinics and the usual madness of the NHS can become very wearing sometimes and stressful. But I do enjoy the job which is why I put up with madness.
  • Feeling overwhelmed or overloaded by things I need to do...

I know I am stressed when...
  • I feel as if I am living on an adrenaline rush
  • I cannot sleep
  • I sleep really, really well but wake up exhausted
  • I get to the end of the day and my whole body just aches
  • I feel as if my head is going to explode with things to remember!!!

1 comment:

  1. I de stress by paying with someone or on my own.
    I ask the holy spirit to come and I cast all of my anxieties and worries on him.
    Sometimes this is hard to do without a quiet space, so it's important to make time for yourself. A few minutes is sometimes all you will need. Handing your burdens to the Lord doesn't need to be a drawn out process. God is outside of time and he Removes the things we can't carry because He wants to, because He loves us and because He can. He is Bigger than all my worries and nothing is too big or small for him to bother with.
    Whatever I'm doing, if I feel worn out, tired or stressed, I can always rely on Him who gives me strength

    ReplyDelete