Tuesday 17 June 2014

The Book of Me, Written by You - Week 41 - Blood Group



Each week there are prompts which require answering.






Week 41 - Blood Group


I am blood group B+ which surprised me as it is one of the rarer blood groups (8% of the population according to the stats on Blood.co.uk website), I thought I would have one of the commoner ones. 

I only know which blood group I am because when I travelled on my gap year to Brazil we were advised to find out then if we required medical treatment overseas we would know if it was required. I have since travelled a lot so it has always been useful to know.

I was also a regular blood donor and so they give you a keyring and card with your blood group on it when you sign up and give blood for the first time.

I would love to know what the other members of my family are, but at the moment I don't.

Reading this prompt made me do a bit more research on the internet about blood groups and I found this webpage Anthro.Palomar.edu which had lots of world maps showing the distribution of the different blood groups across the world, it is really interesting as my blood group B is most commonly found in Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment