Tuesday 30 September 2014

The Book of Me, Written by You - Week 48 - Perfect Day Out



Each week there are prompts which require answering.






Week 48 - Perfect Day Out

For me a perfect day out would have to include some or all of the below:
  • Sun
  • Countryside
  • Good food
  • Great people especially my family
  • Rest, relaxation
  • Gentle exercise
  • Ending with that fresh, exhausted, but satisfying feeling

I am trying to think of The Perfect Day Out and I cannot think of one as there are a few really enjoyable days out I can think of instead:
Spectator fun at Le Tour de France - Yorkshire
  • The day my husband asked me to marry him - it was a surprise trip out in July. The weather was gorgeous and my husband had hired a barge on the Leeds - Liverpool Canal in Skipton. We sailed, got lost, went down a cul-de-sac, did numerous 3-point turns, saw cows in the canal, was chased by another boat through the swing bridges, so Luke had to run to catch up with me driving the boat and most of all Luke asked me if I would marry him. It was a really beautiful day out with the love of life, a day which I will never forget and brings back happy, sunny, warming memories.
  • Watching Le Tour de France through Yorkshire in July this year. It was my friend's birthday and her husband loves cycling, so up they travelled from London to watch it. We tagged along with them to line the streets just north of Skipton. I love hanging out with good friends who you do not see often enough. We sang happy birthday to my friend whilst lining the Yorkshire streets and the large crowds joined in with the singing. There was such a jovial atmosphere amongst the fellow spectators and the weather was again glorious. (see blogpost)
  • A trip again to Skipton (I do love Skipton but it's just co-incidental that my perfect days out all happen to be there!) for my friends birthday. This trip was when we were students, so a big crowd of caught the train there. We enjoyed doing silly studenty things and just hanging out together as a good bunch of friends. It was February and it was such a clear, cold, crisp winters day. It was beautiful.
  • A day out with my husband at Ripley Castle near Harrogate. Again a crisp winters day, we went on a tour of the house and a short stroll. We also really enjoyed a cake and cuppa in the cafe. The gift shop there was fab as well and I spent lots of pennies on pretty things! (see photos)
  • An evening trip out with my husband as a date night to eat Murgatroyds fish and chips at Surprise View on Otley Chevin whilst watching the sunset on Midsummer's night. It was such a romantic trip, with an amazing sunset, views and tasty food! (see photos)

Sunset at Otley Chevin

No comments:

Post a Comment