Thursday 9 October 2014

The Book of Me, Written by You - Week 50 - Godparents



Each week there are prompts which require answering.






Week 50 - Godparents

I was brought up in a Baptist tradition, so I was dedicated into the church as a baby but not Christened, this is because Baptists believe in adult baptism rather than infant baptism. I do not feel as if I missed out the opportunity of having Godparents, but then I do not know what it is like to have Godparents.

My husband's family are from more of a Anglican tradition and he has Godparents, as do his siblings. 

Myself and my husband are very lucky to have 4 Godchildren between us, they are:
  • Ben - my husband's cousins son who is in his teens now
  • Odette - one of our beautiful niece's
  • Sophia - a good friend of mine's daughter
  • Jason - our good friend's son
They are all beautiful children and we are really blessed to be their Godparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment