Wednesday 22 October 2014

The Book of Me, Written by You - Week 54 - School Trips



Each week there are prompts which require answering.






Week 54 - School Trips


Fishes at a recent trip to Chester Zoo
If my memory serves me correctly we had quite a number of school trips, at least one every year in primary school and one most years in secondary school.

I do not think I can remember them all (my mum could probably tell me more) but here goes:
  • Helmshore Textile Museum after we had been studying making wool (a local industry), I remember being the best in the class for spinning the wool or something and being picked out to have a go at the museum
  • Some kind of bird and wetlands place possibly Martin Mere Wetlands probably learning about birds and wildlife
  • Blackpool Zoo in nursery school, if I remember correctly
  • Chester Zoo in the 6th form to learn about animal behaviour with the biology class - we went to Chester Zoo again recently for a fun day trip
  • Alton Towers theme park as part of a treat activity day at secondary school
  • Trafford Centre - a shopping centre/cinema/bowling alley etc, again a treat activity day at secondary school
  • Blackpool Pleasure Beach - one year at secondary school they moved the activity day to the day when we had some of our music exams, so instead we got another day out of school going to Blackpool - this was great fun!!
  • Germany with Secondary school to practice our German and learn about the German culture
  • Outdoor pursuit centre in our last year of primary school for a week
  • Betws-y-Coed for a week in the 6th form on a biology field trip, the biggest memory from this trip was counting areas of sphagnum moss? I'm sure it served some purpose, but cannot quite remember what
  • In Primary School I have a vague memory of the whole class walking to the teachers house to have a look at something as part of a trip but for the life of me I cannot remember what that was!
  • Probably other museums locally at various points...

Penguin on a recent trip to Chester Zoo

I remember regularly coming home from school trips with some kind of souvenir, whether it was a pencil, pen, ruler, rubber, keyring, usually something cheap and cheerful.


One year I cannot remember where we were going but it was in primary school and the class walked down to the road to wait for the coach to take us on our trip. We waited and waited for ages but it did not turn up so someone was sent back up to school phone the coach company. They had got the dates all muddled so we had to wait ages for the coach but eventually they sent one, but we were quite late arriving at our destination, but still had a fun day.




No comments:

Post a Comment