Monday 27 October 2014

The Book of Me, Written by You - Week 55 - Movies



Each week there are prompts which require answering.

Watching movies is not my favourite activity, I much prefer being on the go and doing things instead. I mostly enjoy watching a movie when I have some sewing or something to do.

My husband and I at "Edoras" AKA Mt Sunday (see blog post about Mt Sunday)
I remember one of the first movies I went to see at the cinema was with a school friend for her 12th birthday. We went to see the new film Titanic. I was just 12 years old and it was a 12 rated movie, so it was quite exciting for many of my school friends to be able to go and see this movie when it first came out. I still love this film and also own the soundtrack as well as the DVD.

A great Christmas film to watch is Love Actually, a real good feel factor movie ready for the festive season.

My husband and I have enjoyed watching the Lord of the Rings (LotR) trilogy and have been really interested in the Hobbit movies as well. My husband has always been a LotR fan, but when we decided to go campervan-ing around New Zealand a few years ago, my husband decided it was wise to educate me in the ways of LotR and since then the Hobbit films have been released. We visited many of the film locations whilst in New Zealand. (You can see our blog from our New Zealand travels at Ruth's Blog)

Moeraki Boulders feature on The Voyage of the
Dawntreader movie (see blog post Moeraki Boulders)
I love the Shrek movies, growing up with them through my teens I was always drawn to watch them when the next one came out. I also own them all (except the 4th) on DVD.

I also have fond memories of watching over and over again the BBC Narnia films as a child. I loved them and have since enjoyed watching the new version of the Narnia movies - The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, Prince Caspian, Voyage of the Dawntreader. We even visited some of the film locations on our NZ trip too.

If I am going to watch a movie, it has to really grasp me. My favourite movies are either books which have been well told into a movie, eg Narnia, LotR etc or historical dramas either real life or fictional, eg Titanic, Kings Speech, etc. I also like a bit of comedy in films such as Bruce Almighty, Shrek etc. My husband loves his Sci-fi and Action movies so we rarely find something that we both enjoy watching together.

I will leave you with some photos of the film locations we visited in NZ to peruse . . .

Hobbiton

Bag End in Hobbiton (see blog post about Hobbiton)


Cathedral Cove, NZ - Used in the opening scene of Narnia in the film Prince Caspian
 (see blog post about Cathedral Cove)

No comments:

Post a Comment