Sunday 30 November 2014

The Book of Me, Written by You - Week 61 - How Do You Measure Success?


Each week there are prompts which require answering.






Week 61 - How Do You Measure Success?


Success: noun 
  1. the accomplishment of one's goals
  2. the attainment of wealth, position, honours or the like
  3. a performance or achievement that is marked by success, as by the attainment of honours
  4. a person or thing that has had success, as measured by attainment of goals, wealth, etc.

I am finding this prompt quite a hard one to write, I guess a lot about success is tied up in pride and how confident you feel about yourself, which also makes one quite vulnerable in talking about what I feel has been successful in my own personal life.

I guess for me success is not about having a high flying career and making myself rich and famous or having materialistic things, but for me success in life is about how happy I feel and knowing my family are happy and well cared for. 

I think we can have our own goals, dreams and aspirations for life but it can take time, even a lifetime to achieve these goals. Can we measure success if we're still on that road to achieving these dreams? We can put ourselves down as we're struggling to reach the goals we set ourselves. We can compare ourselves to others. But in my eyes success is about how you feel about your own achievements in the challenges we have overcome in life and how one has fought those battles and come through the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment